Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What are you beholding?





GREEEEEEEEEEEEETINGS EARTHLINGS, GOD IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. To know Him is to love Him. To see Him, is to see yourself accurately. To see HIm Is to see Reality. He is seen all the time and we are all eyewitnesses of His majesty. He has made Himself known. We see that God exist's and is good in creation and thats He's creative and awesome and powerful. Those things however cannot reveal His Great Mercy and Grace and LOVE, no we must look elsewhere. THE CROSS is where God reveals He's JUST and Righteous and cannot look upon sin. Also we see He's merciful towards sinners and that He will bring sinners to Himself so that He can be enjoyed for who He is. Come to Him today and taste and see that HE IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! Today I'm posting the Dutch/Flemish approach that I will be teaching online at Schoolism.com. My good friend Jason Seiler teaches caricature there along with a few other extremely talented artists. If you are interested go to the site and watch for my class, it should be starting sometime soon. I will be walking you through the painting techniques of the Dutch and Flemish approachin oils. We will specialize on the portrait and not caricature. ( I just thought the Gingrich images show the stages really well.) Gotta run, our book FOOL MOON RISING is out in August and the website will be up by July 14th or so. God BLess you. AMAZED I SEE and am Treasuring HIM!!!!!!!~T

10 Comments:

Blogger David Malan said...

Awesome Thomas. You really nailed the likeness. And the paint quality/thickness is really appealing.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

Thanks David. i love your work~T

11:05 AM  
Blogger Frank P. Ordaz said...

Thanks for sharing this Thomas...It seems that you are glazing after the white layin has dried completely?

blessings

11:11 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

Thanks Frank Yep I'm a glazer, but not glazed over~T

11:16 AM  
Blogger Robin Goodfellow said...

beautiful Thomas! I agree with Dave, the texture is really a nice touch. very classic.
I'd love to join the class... if only i had the money...

7:32 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

From reading that I got that your class would be through schoolism but with traditional oils. How would that work online? It sounds awesome and I'd love to take it. I've been following your work for a while now. I took Seiler's and it was the best class I've ever taken. I think he's also teaching a painting course though so it'll be tough to decide on which one.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Dominic Philibert said...

Looks really nice!!!!!
Love the strokes!

11:37 PM  
Blogger jem said...

This is great Thomas!

The process is giving fantastic results.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid, I had at home a "Gulliver" book.
Quite a large format (A4 or larger), with many illustrations: a page of illustration on every 2-3 pages of text.
I tried to find it on the antiques book stores... no chance.
Today I found some similar drawings with the ones appeared on that book.
I guess you did this painting: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sPUkbS1XbLQ/SnBfBE5mO_I/AAAAAAAAAQQ/e_ZxhfDwu_c/s1600-h/Gulliver_web.jpg
It's amaizing!

The page was scanned from: "200 best illustration worldwide" edited by Lurzer's

Now, I guess you cannot help me with that "Gulliver" book... :-)

5:34 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

Thanks Anonymous. Your words are kind. All the best. Do you still need my help? ~T

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home