Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SAVED?..... HOW? READ On





GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEETINGS EARTHLINGS! Hope all is well. GOD IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. His reality and friendship is amazing. YOu can know, that you know, that you know. He has revealed Himself thru His Son Jesus, He is knowable. I love how Jesus comes to the broken hearted and troubled and the morally bankrupt i.e. those who stop trusting in themselves. At this weak moment, a cry is uttered... "SAVE ME JESUS..... if you are real COME INTO my life. I have sinned against You. You have not been treasure to me, I have treasured EVERYTHING but You. I have run away from you all my life and lived for me. I have not honored you and I have not been thankful to your obvious reality as I ought. Forgive me, save me from your just judgement and Change me. Transform my life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and EMPOWER ME to LIVE FOR YOUR GLORY. Bear witness to me that you are there and that I am your child, be my Savior!" This is an amazing moment for a dead in sin sinner, WOW. At this point the prostitute is set free. The drug dealer is FREE. The drunk is now straight and LOVING IT! The HATER of GOD is now a lover of God. The troubled in mind is now at peace, sitting at the feet of Jesus and in his right mind. The list goes on and on. Power has come, Peace begins to reign and JOY overwhelms the sinner as he drinks from the fountain of life. That which he once sought to make him happy is LAME and APALLING. The Cross of Jesus which was STUPID is now Amazing and full of POWER, sad and yet full of AWE. How could the Holy one come to die for a wretch like me? How can this be? religion? NOOOOOO! JESUS. Transformation has come. Jesus has come. REALITY has come setting the sinner free. TRUE worship begins and will continue forever. Such is the new birth. Come to Him today ,Heaven or hell awaits. Whew ( this guy is intense). On a lighter note the job I'm posting today is for the Weekly Standard. They wanted me to Do Katie Couric and be mean. Because I dont have a mean bone in my body (ad nausea) I decided to just be honest. The call came in thurs night and I started it very early fri morn. I did a loose pencil sketch of her face and then everything else is digital. I started painting at 9 am and was done by 4 pm. Digital is very fast. Gotta run. Alive in the KING~T

5 Comments:

Blogger Gary Locke said...

THIS... my friend.... is stinking B R I L L L L I A N T ! ! ! ! !! man, she annoys me, and her voice is SO condescending, and she sounds like my mom when she is telling me how wrong i am....oooo....man....THIS goes up there with the PEE WEE HERMAN illo of yester year. YOU ARE GREAT!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Aller said...

Wow Tom!!! Great painting!!! I love it! You went to town with her in the painting!!!! Bravo Tom!!!! I'm still laughing!!!!! Great job again! Take care!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jason Seiler said...

Awesome piece Tom . . . that mouth is amazing . . . crazy arm! :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

Thanks Guys. Truly~T

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home